
When I make it, I double the Worcestershire sauce and I use one tablespoon of oregano instead of 2 teaspoons of herbes de Provence, partly because I don't know what herbes de Provence is. Also, I cut my meat into serving size pieces before I brown it because I think it lets the meat absorb more flavor. Enjoy!
2-3 lbs boneless beef chuck pot roast
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
1/4 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence,
crushed 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
1. Trim fat from meat.
If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
2. Place onion in cooker; top with meat.
In a medium bowl combine undrained tomatoes, olives, Worcestershire sauce, herbes de Provence, and pepper; pour over meat in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
4. Remove meat from cooker. Cut meat into six serving-size pieces. Arrange meat on a serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to serving platter, reserving juices. Spoon enough of the juices over meat and vegetables to moisten. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
2 comments:
Maybe we should start adding our names to the posts we add. That way if there are any questions we know who to ask.
So who was invited to dinner where and why wasn't I invited! :) Love you!
Perhaps we should also Post a picture to go with our recipe so that Auntie E doesn't have to guess! It is so much better with photos! Just click on Yahoo Images and type in your product to find something that looks similar! Ok, Yeehaw!
E
Post a Comment